250g soft butter
250g brown sugar
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla essence
250g coarse coconut
½ cup cocoa
½ cup cornflour
500g self-raising flour
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add oil, eggs and vanilla essence and blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover dough with wax wrap then roll out to ± 3mm thickness.
- Lightly scrape a vertical design on the dough using a fork.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out desired shapes.
- Bake @ 180°C for ± 10- 12 minutes, taking care not to burn the edges. Allow to cool before sandwiching biscuits together using melted chocolate of choice.