±1-1½ kg butternut, chopped
2 Granny smith apples skin on, chopped
2 Medium onions, chopped
6 Bay leaves
1 Tbsp (15ml) Spice Mecca 11-in-1 masala
½ tsp (3ml) turmeric
2 Cubes chicken stock
±1 ½ L water
1L full cream milk
1 tsp (5ml) crushed garlic
2 Green chillies, ground – to taste
Salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: 250ml fresh cream
: Garlic croutons
: Fresh coriander
- In a large pot, place butternut, apples, onions, bay leaves, 11-in-1 masala, turmeric, chicken stock and water
- Cover with greaseproof paper and close the pot
- Sweat the vegetables on medium heat until cooked.
- Remove the bay leaves, liquidise the vegetables and pour into a clean pot.
- Add milk, garlic, chillies, salt and pepper and gently bring to the boil
- Switch off heat and add cream (optional)
- Garnish with garlic croutons, & fresh coriander