¼ cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 Tbsp tomato paste
¼ cup olive oil
¼ Lemon, halved.
Salt (to taste)
1 tsp crushed Black peppercorns
1 tsp Turmeric
½ tsp ginger powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
200g pitted calamata olives
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
2 Tbsp chopped coriander
6 – 8eggs
- Cut aubergines into cubes, sprinkle with salt & allow to drain in a
colander for ± 20 minutes.
- Toss aubergines in vegetable oil and bake at 180°C until soft & golden brown, ± 20 – 25 minutes
- Drain well in a colander.
- In a different saucepan add all the other ingredients except olives, parsley and coriander and cook until soft & mushy (± 10 minutes).
- Add aubergines, olives, parsley, coriander and mix through with a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
Dish stew into an oven proof dish. Using the back of a spoon make pockets in the stew. Drop individual eggs into the pockets.
Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper
Bake until eggs are cooked to your taste.
- Serve with toasted pita breads, garlic breads or rolls.