1kg lean mince
4 Tbsp oil
2 large onions (finely chopped)
1 box SpiceMecca Mince Curry spice
1 Tbsp garlic & ginger paste
½ tin (200g) chopped tomatoes
2 tsp tomato paste
5-6 potatoes, halved
2 cups (500ml) water
Salt to taste
- Wash and drain mince.
- Braise onions in oil until golden brown.
- Add SpiceMecca Mince Curry spice and braise for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger paste, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes, salt and 1 ½ cups of water and stir.
- Cook for 20 – 25 minutes on medium heat
- Add mince. Stir well, add ½ cup of water and cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes until mince is cooked and potatoes are soft.
- Garnish with fresh chopped green coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice, roti, or Vetkoek