3 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
6 ripe bananas
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup oil
1 cup buttermilk/ Bulgarian yoghurt
1 Tbsp cake flour
3 Tbsp soft brown sugar
3 Tbsp soft butter
2 Tbsp honey or golden syrup
½ tsp SpiceMecca ground cinnamon
- cup chopped walnuts
METHOD FOR TOPPING:
- Blend the first 5 ingredients together to form a paste.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Place flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Mix.
- Separately mash together the bananas and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Separately whisk together the eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Add the bananas and the liquids to the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until well blended. Dispense into greased muffins pans.
- Drop a teaspoonful of topping onto each muffin.
- Bake @ 180°C for ± 20 minutes.