6 cups (1500ml) cake flour
½ cup (125ml) sugar
1 tsp (5ml) salt
1 ½ packets (15g) instant yeast
2 cups (500ml) milk
¾ cup (±180ml ml) water
1 Tbsp (±20ml) oil
1. Place dry ingredients in a large bowl mix.
2. Boil milk, water and butter. Cool until lukewarm, add beaten egg and blend.
3. Add liquids in dry ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
4. Pat dough with oil cover and allow to rise in a warm place for ±1 hour.
100g soft butter
¾ Cups (±180ml) sugar
2 Tbsp (30ml) fine cinnamon
2/3 cup (±170ml) coarsely chopped cranberries
2/3 cup (±170ml) coarsely chopped walnuts.
1. Make a paste with butter, sugar and cinnamon
2. Place cranberries and walnuts in a bowl.
Icing Sugar Paste:
Make a thick runny paste using 12 Tbsp icing sugar and a little hot milk
1. Divide dough into 3 pieces
2. On an oil surface, 10” each piece into an oblong with a width of ±15 cm
3. Spread with cinnamon paste and sprinkle with cranberries and walnuts
4. Roll into a long sausage and cut into ± 4cm
5. Turn each piece on its side and place on a greased baking sheet, allow to rise for ±15minutes, brush with egg and bake at 180°C for ± 15-20 minutes
6. Allow to cool and drizzle with icing sugar paste.