410g can chick peas
1 cup water
2 Tbsp butter
1 onion, finely diced
4 medium carrots, grated
1.2L hot vegetable stock (3 cubes)
1 small bunch coriander
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp crushed garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain & rinse chickpeas. Blend with water to get a puréed consistency.
- Heat butter in a large pot & gently sweat onions for +/- 5 minutes.
- Stir in carrots then pour in vegetable stock & bring to the boil.
- Cover & simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the chickpea puree and cook for a further 15min. Blend until smooth and pour back into pot.
- Meanwhile place coriander, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic & salt in a blender and blitz until finely chopped.
- Ladle soup into bowls & place a dollop of the coriander sauce in the middle & sprinkle with black pepper.
Serve with a crusty seeded / granary rolls or with hot garlic bread.
A gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free soup!