50ml olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
± 600g cauliflower florets
± 250g sweetpotato, cubed
2 tsp English mustard
1 tsp Spice Mecca flavourmate / Aromat
1 tsp grated nutmeg
Salt and white pepper to taste
Zest of 1 lemon
Squeeze of lemon juice (to taste)
± 1½ litre milk
125ml (½ cup) grated parmesan
250ml (1 cup) sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp soya sauce
Garnish with parsley
- Gently fry the garlic and onion in oil till golden
- Add cauliflower, sweetpotato, mustard, flavourmate, nutmeg, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest.
- Add milk and simmer gently for ± 25 minutes.
- Add parmesan and blend until smooth.
- In a hot pan, toast sunflower seeds then sprinkle with soya sauce and toss.
- Serve soup topped with a sprinkling of seeds and chopped parsley.