250g soft butter
½ cup oil
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp ground cardamom
500g cake flour
± 100g almonds, chopped
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and oil and blend well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover the dough with wax wrap then roll out to ± 1 cm thickness.
- Lightly scrap a vertical design on the dough using a fork.
- Using a knife, cut out small rectangular shapes (± 4x 2cm).
- Bake @ 180°C for ± 12- 15 minutes. Cool.
- Dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.